Monday, January 26, 2015

what friendzone

this term somehow started to exist in recent years. or maybe i just didn’t hear of it when i was in primary or secondary school.. where crush and infatuation are really common around. friendzone. well, obviously it is an invisible zone where one puts friends who he/she will never ever date in. it is constantly stereotyped as something that girls usually do to guys, leading to the latter to consider twice whenever he is interested in a girl. getting too close may back-fire him into the friendzone. 

okay, maybe i am bias considering that i am a male but yeah you know the friendzone. anyway, couple of us were talking about it recently and i thought it would be rather interesting to talk about it more here. first and foremost, i am the voice of nobody but myself. in other words, whatever i say is my personal opinion and it does not represent any group of people or what not.. so keep an open mind yeah.


so the golden question.. the answer is no, i don’t go friendzone my female friends for a couple of reasons. i find this categorisation rather redundant and i need not draw such a distinct line between any of them.

i would always say “hey, she is my close friend” or “hey, she is just my friend”. for crying out loud. saying she is just a friend is not friendzone-ing the person. i think friendzone is more harsh.. like one would set up a barrier between the opposite party and have that safeguard. for me, i prefer to be open and not set up such walls and drawing such lines. on top of that, i say i need not draw such a distinct line is because, while touching the bottom of my heart, i know how i see each of my female friends. as in, i believe in trusting your own instincts. kind of difficult to explain.. but yeah i follow instincts and just rather not to have to categorise them into the friendzone and what not to remind myself of our relationship.


anyway, different people would approach such a thing really differently. like i said earlier, i do not represent any group of people besides me, myself and i. food for thought.. that’s it.

No comments:

Post a Comment