Tuesday, September 26, 2017

your problems

yes this is an update of my life.

each time a new update on my Macbook pops up, i break into cold sweat. bad past experience i guess. nonetheless, thank goodness that this update is smooth with slight hard hump. hope not jinx-ing it. so yeah, here i am using the new software. i am also aware about the new update for my iphone but i have yet to update as well.. lol.

moving on, i am having a little sore throat. ohh man.. i haven't even over-exert myself and yet my throat decides to give way. been spamming water and what not to keep the breakdown. in the mean time, i am catching up on my modules. after meeting my FYP supervisor yesterday, i have new set of analysis to run as well. that is currently on hold.

being a year 4 has its perks i guess. i have 2 midterms and they start pretty late, not immediately after recess week. so, technically i can really seize this recess week to relax and enjoy myself.

finally, i would like to highlight something interesting i came across the other day. it was from a video which i did not think about saving the link. this speaker spoke about people knowing your problems and that you letting your problems known is very likely to be useless in helping yourself. yes, saying your problems out is pretty useless since "90% doesn't care, 10% would be happy you have them". hmm.. is this too pessimistic?

so i question myself on both sides.. me being the person telling my problems and me on the receiving end of someone's complains. then i came to a conclusion myself. while his statement is somewhat drastic.. i prefer to keep the idea of telling others about your problems doesn't help but not because all of them don't care or are glad you have them. yes, while there is a handful that might fall in those categories, i think at the end of the day, for most problems.. there is only one person who can solve them. the person facing it. folks around you can encourage you or suggest actions but those actions themselves and the willingness to act are all from the person himself/herself. until next time then, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment