Friday, March 13, 2015

the mentor

yes this is an update of my life.

happy Friday. happy Friday the 13th. happy end of elearning week. happy end of week 8. now you have slightly more than a month's time before you face the final exams of this semester.

well, my last day of "holiday" wasn't exactly much.. not much work done but at least i managed to meet up with my academic mentor earlier this afternoon for a nice chat. okay, for the benefit of others unsure of what is this.. well, basically NUS has each students attached to an academic mentor.. i'm guessing all of them are full-time teaching staffs and/or professors.

so i only started contacting him after more than one semester because i was faced with a recent dilemma. i wasn't sure if i should pick up a second major during my course of study and so i weigh all costs and benefits out. despite listing them out, i was still unsure and so i went to find him. in the end, he gave me more than just valuable feedback. he's a statistic professor if i did not remember wrongly. we talked about my options and my goals in studying here and what not. to top it off, he even asked me questions pertaining to a module i'm taking.. yikes. better revise my core modules before meeting him next time lol.. half the time i stoned.

haha okay.. in all seriousness, i'm glad we have each such academic tutor. at least you know there is someone way senior than you to give you valuable feedback and what not.

No comments:

Post a Comment