Thursday, August 14, 2014

young no more

yes, there i have admitted it.. i am no longer young anymore. it isn't a sad thing to be an adult now. an adult on paper that is. so as of yesterday, i am now officially 21 years old.

well let's get on with my gratitude. first and foremost, i would like to thank the various groups of people for making my 21 birthday feel so special and different from all the birthdays i have over the years. to my secondary school clique, thank you all so much for the first surprise last week at Katong Teo Heng. thanks for the treat and cupcakes. to my Raffles Hall OG(Assgardians), thank you for barging into my room at midnight yesterday to surprise me with a nice chocolate cake though i was about to brush my teeth already. to my SOW OG (Jacob), thank you for surprising me at Star Vista with another chocolate too during lunch time and for the time spent playing pool and bowling. damn.. am i that easy to read? how come everyone knows i love chocolate? i hope it is just sheer coincidence.. nonetheless, from the bottom of the heart of a guy who don't host parties on his birthdays, thank you all very much.. i really appreciate all of what you all have done.

now, moving on, i'm thankful for the family i'm in. one cannot ask much more when he has the two very supportive and encouraging parents that stand by him through the years of ups and downs. on top of that, a blood bro who can tolerate at times and fool around on other times with him as well. i'm thankful to all my bro and sis for wishing me and standing by me no matter what i go through. i know i can be a pain at times but thank you for your patience and understanding. thank you those all those who have wished me.. be it through Facebook, text or what not.. i really appreciate all of those heartfelt words.


anyway, turning 21 also raise numerous questions and checks and reflections. shan't bore you with all but would like to just share a couple.

where do i see myself in the near future? well technically, i'm an adult but still an undergraduate and not exactly a working adult yet. nonetheless, this question is a good check i would say. so.. how? i am aiming to be able to graduate from NUS with honours and decent results. i am aiming to make my life in NUS an enriching one with hall stays and internships and what not. thereafter, i aim to get a job which makes me happy and satisfied. doing what i love is the most important.. not money. yeah some might beg to differ but that's me for now so accept it. guess that is all for the check at this moment.

through the past 21 years, the ride has been crazy.. the ride has been full of ups and downs.. the ride has been memorable.. the ride has been enriching. i'm glad for everything that i have gone through, be it good or bad. i'm even more glad to those who stood by me no matter what as well. so cheers to the ride in the many years to go.. cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment