Wednesday, October 11, 2017

destructive papers

yes this is an update of my life.

so yesterday was the end of the series of midterm papers. and by "series", i meant two papers. yeah while the number of papers is few, the difficulty is immense. guess over the last 3 years or so i would have mentioned couple of times that i really dislike the idea of having midterms more than i like. let me start with why i like them. well, they set the pace and expectation of the final exam of the module. at least one can anticipate better the level of difficulty, the amount of preparation need and what not.

as for the bad side, simply put, the midterms can be very disruptive to my semester studies. when there are midterms to prepare for, i realise my brain cannot really focus on the lessons that are ongoing during the weeks of midterms. i find myself heavily invested into the midterms, halting the learning of other modules. tutorials will pause, learning will pause. then once midterms are over, i have to almost immediately get back into catching up with the lectures and classes. well, more often than not my brain insists on resting a little first.

so, today is the day my brain takes a real break before moving on fast again. my lectures and tutorials will be caught up only after today. as for the dead ends i rammed into during my FYP analysis previously, i shall wait to see if my mentor can rectify the situation or what not in tomorrow's meeting. timely to have all the regular shows i watch annually to start their new seasons this week as well. until next time then, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment