Thursday, February 7, 2019

-1, 0, 1

yes this an update of my life.

here's wishing all my chinese readers a very Happy Lunar New Year! may the year of the pig be a great one for you.. filled with fun, joy and laughter. may you buy 4D/Toto and win a little from the government. may those who are studying score good results. may those who are working get bigger bonus.

over the past few days, my life can be somewhat summarised in three numbers.. yes, the numbers -1, 0 and 1. while i can't reveal some parts as to why, i will explain as much as i possibly can.


status -1. the usual "ritual" of putting quick thinking/calculating, probability and money management are put to test during the 15 days of CNY every year. i have not lost in quite a number of years at the end of each CNY period. so going into the first three/four days this year, i somehow landed on a slight deviation of the past trends. as of now i lost $1. haha.. yeah very small sum.. though i don't play small sums.. it just so happened after the three/four days of "investments" as the wins and losses cancel one another out.. i lost just $1. no worries.. there is still quite some time to work on it.

status 0. okay, this one i cannot really say so much. unless you know me and are close to me, chances are you will never know the full story about it. to my close friends who do not know, it is probably because i haven't seen you since last week? haha.. anyway, in brief, it relates to something i had hoped for for quite some time but i found myself not back at square one but rather square zero. back to nothingness but i am determined to work my way up again. i don't mind falling so long the fall is justified/fair.

status 1. okay this is a little funny. i measured my weight prior to the CNY holidays and did so again minutes ago. i have gained 1kg in one week.. hmm.. maybe time to eat more healthily for the next couple of weeks. wait, who am i kidding? i shall wait until after CNY. so glad to have eaten so many good food over the past few days.

so that's that.. my 7-days break in a nutshell. tomorrow is my Monday and my Friday. probably going to head back to office to clear the emails for a third of the time before going back to the weekend of visiting. until next time then, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment