Thursday, January 10, 2019

the need to shop

yes this is an update of my life.

was having a rather interesting conversation with my mum earlier over dinner. as CNY draws near, many are looking to get the usual stuff like abalone, new clothes, new shoes and many many other things. one constant throughout the many years in my family is new clothes.. regardless of how unwilling i am to get new clothes, i will get sick of my mum's nagging and buy couple of new ones.

so, this year was no different.. earlier i decided to challenge her ideology again. after couple of prompts she commented that the reason why one should get new clothes for CNY is to boost self-esteem. my immediate reaction was to laugh. i don't know i should feel sorry for my self or not because i couldn't view it in that light. if i do not wear new clothes during CNY, my self-esteem takes no blow. even if i wear new clothes, i do not feel an increase in self-esteem as well. i think there is a higher chance of me getting irritated at wearing new clothes that i might have gotten the wrong size or the material wasn't as great as i expected.

nonetheless, to appease the queen, i shall snoop around and see where i end up. no.. the need to shop isn't for self-esteem but rather self-protection from the nagging. until next time then, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment